Sunday, March 15, 2020

Epidemic of idiots

Epidemic of idiots

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. -Romans 12:2

I haven’t updated this blog in years, there have been many reasons for that, who reads blogs anymore anyway? None the less, I certainly feel like this would be a perfect time for an update. Cause I mean, everyone wants to talk about the Corona/Chinese virus right? You got political tools that want to make it “political”, Christian tools who want to make it about “end of the world” and of course the conspiracy tools with their “theories”. You know what is few and far between? Common sense, not only that but common sense with a biblical perspective. I don’t need to rehash what is going on in the news I.E Nba shutting down, venues, churches shutting their doors, heck just go to your local grocery store and you’ll find toilet paper gone, bottles of water gone, and anyone and everyone has an opinion.. most based on fear.

Now before I give my “opinion”(I will use that term loosely) I feel like I need to give some perspective on myself. First of all, I am going to try to make this blog short, one because it is really just me venting, two because I am exhausted. My hemoglobin is 4.8(normal is 13) in short I am severally anemic, along with my Kidney problems…makes for days filled with laying around, unfortunately watching this chaos and panic on tv. I give these details about myself, for the simple reason that you can understand that I have pre-existing health issues, so technically I am at risk for this “virus”…

However, my reaction to what is going on in the world right now isn’t FEAR of a virus, its disgust with humanity. Which, from a Christian perspective I should be disgusted with human nature and the world, so I am really on the right track. I am not saying the virus is fake or isn’t real…what I am going to say is a Christians response should not be like the worlds, hence the reason I quoted Romans 12:2 at the beginning. I don’t have a death wish, nor do I want to get sick, and I certainly am not one of those “Christians” who believe because I have faith that I won't get sick, you know the word of faith Christians, the ones with healing rooms and believe they can heal by the power of their “faith” ironically those people are closing their “healing rooms” because of the virus, pretty hypocritical isn’t?

None the less, running to the store and buying all the toilet paper and water you can and hiding in your house in fear of a virus is not the Christian response either. Again, I say that and I am one actually at risk for getting the virus, statistically the virus kills people over 50 and people with health issues. I don’t believe, more importantly it’s not biblical, to go horde all the toilet paper and water you can, or worse go and horde all the toilet paper and water you can and try to upcharge people for it. That is what the world is doing, most people are panicking over something that will only affect them for a couple weeks tops…like the common flu, if they got it and just stayed at home they would get over it like any other flu. Yet, because of media hype and fear those people are stockpiling toilet paper, water, hand sanitizer and flocking to the hospitals trying to get tested when they have minor symptoms. This is exactly why this “pandemic” is causing people to die, it's not the virus itself, it’s the fact that we have a “pandemic of idiots” that are panicking and making it harder for the people that actually need help to get help!
We should be worried about those with health issues and the elderly with this virus, but instead, people are proving what the bible says, which is that human nature is bad! The world will tell you that we(meaning human nature) are basically good, well look around people…do you see people acting “basically good”? NO…people are acting selfish, immature, and idiotic. Now some of you may say…”BUT BUT! We are in a crisis! We are in an epidemic! Of course, people act a little crazy” Well…guess what? Your true self is shown in a crisis, your true self is shown when everything is going wrong, not when everything is going right. How is it the right biblical response to horde grocery items that elderly people need? Or that other people need but now can’t get because you only care about yourself? How is it a right biblical response to horde grocery items only to upcharge and make a profit on such items because nobody can get them now? How is it a right biblical response out of complete fear and panic to bum rush the hospitals trying to get tested for a virus when you have very minor symptoms? I don’t care what anyone says…SELFISHNESS is never the biblical approach one should have, neither is FEAR unless of course, it’s the FEAR of GOD.

My prayers go out to the elderly and people with pre-existing health conditions, they need to be cared for and protected, and yet because of fear and panic they are getting the short straw, they are the ones who are in the end going to suffer because of your SELFISHNESS.


No comments: