Sunday, November 8, 2009

†..Humility..†

The fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom,

and humility comes before honor.

Proverbs 15:33


Where is the fear of the Lord?

Where is the humility?

Everyone seems to walk around, and act

like they are deserving of something.

Even the people who shout and scream "I know Christ!"

I mean, you can say that all you want...

but that doesn't mean you deserve anything,

that doesn't mean you shouldn't still fear the Lord.


Christ took the burden of all our sins, correct?

died for all our sins, correct?

Does that mean we should have no humility?

No shame? Does that mean we deserved it?

Do you know what essentially we all deserve?

Need I keep repeating myself? Hell, thats

what I deserve, and thats what you deserve.

Just because I know Christ doesn't mean

I deserve everlasting life.

To know Christ is to know he died for our sins,

but we must know why he died for our sins, correct?

We must strive to live better, we must be changed

we must come before him in humility and live

our lives to glorify him.

The word of the day.."Humility"

what does "humility" mean?


a lack of false pride,

a humble feeling

Humble meaning:

cause to feel shame; hurt the pride of

marked by meekness or modesty;

not arrogant or prideful.


Young men, in the same way be

submissive to those who are older.

All of you, clothe your selves with

humility toward one another,

because,


"God opposes the proud

but gives grace to the humble."


Humble yourselves, therefore,

under God's mighty hand, that he may

lift you up in due time.

Cast all your anxiety on him because

he cares for you.

1 Peter 5:5-7


Want to humble yourself real quick?

stop comparing yourself, your "christian walk"

with others.. I.E:


"Well, at least I didn't do this or that"

"At least I'm not struggling with drugs"

"At least I'm not struggling with alcohol"

ect ect ect...


Compare yourself with the bible,

with the word of God, are you..yourself..living

according to the word? That should humble you real quick,

unless you are totally oblivious.


The fact is we are constantly battling

or at least should be battling our

fleshly desires. We must strive

to be better then we were yesterday,

constantly fighting to live more like Christ,

it is a battle we ultimately will win though!

not we ourselves, but through Jesus Christ!

because he freed us from the chains of slavery.


Paul himself said in Romans 7:15:


I do not understand what I do.

For what I want to do I do not do, but what

I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do,

I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no loner

I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.

I know that nothing good lives in me, that is,in my sinfule nature.


For I have the desire to do what is good,

but I cannot carry it out. For what I do

is not the good I want to do; no, the evil

I do not want to do-this I keep on doing.

Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is

no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.


So I find this law at work: when I want to do good,

evil is right there with me. For in my inner being

I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work

in the members of my body, waging war against the

law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law

of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am!

Who will rescue me from this body of death?


I do not understand what I do.

For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.-

Paul wasn't perfect and he struggled just as we struggle,

but did Paul ever say:


"I struggle...I can't stop sinning, so screw it I accepted jesus,

everything is ok...so come here sinful world and let me indulge

myself, because I'm saved and I can do what I want"


For some reason people seem to think that is

what Paul and the bible says and that is completely false.

Paul said he struggled..he said he didn't want to be a sinner

and he fought with himself to keep himself as pure as he could

but in the end he realized he was nothing more then a "wretched man"

Because the truth once again is..

WE CANNOT SAVE OURSELVES

only one person can save us and thats Jesus Christ,

and we just keep chugging along doing the best we can

each day living for HIM and living his law,

not because the law itself can safe us...

but because his death for our sins

will not go in vain.


What was my point in all this? why bring up Paul?

lets go back to the word of the day...

Paul lived his life in humility,

he wasn't proud of himself because he "knew Christ".

He was ashamed he wasn't more like him..

he was ashamed of his sin even though it was forgiven.


What is it we all have in common?

Brothers and sisters in Christ for sure...

but what should bring us together is our common bound,

and that is we are all sinners. Through Christ we have been

freed from the chains of sin...so the stain of our wicked ways

could be removed from His sight.


Who can say, "I have kept my heart

pure; I am clean and without sin"?

Proverbs 20:9


answer- Nobody..


So where is your humility?

No comments: