Sunday, January 17, 2010

My thoughts on Haiti/Robertson

I've been struggling with what exactly I should write

in this weeks blog. Usually I set aside a good

amount of time to focus and pray to God,

to read and understand his word. I pray

that he reveals his word to me, that he

reveals something he wants me to write.


Obviously Haiti is dominating the news,

and it is an overwhelming tragedy.

This morning I felt led to read "Psalm 18"

and when I opened my bible it opened

straight to "Psalm 46" in which I had the first

verse highlighted, so I quickly glanced at it and

read it before I went to Psalm 18, and Psalm

46 verse one says;


"God is our refuge and strength,

an ever-present help in trouble."


Amen to that, and a verse

that should be, and probably

is on the minds of a lot of Haitian

people. Psalms 46 continues with..


"Therefore we will not fear,

though the earth give way

and the mountains fall into

the heart of the sea,

though its waters roar and foam

and the mountains quake with their

surging"

Psalm 46:1-3


After reading that needless to say

I figured out what I was going to write about.

Now you may be thinking,

"Ok, what does Psalm 18 say though?"


"I love you, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress

and my deliverer; my God is my rock,

in whom I take refuge.

He is my shield and the horn of

my salvation, my stronghold.

I call to the Lord, who is worthy

of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.


The cords of death entangled me;

the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.

The cords of the grave coiled around me;

the snares of death confronted me.

In my distress I called to the Lord;

I cried to my God for help.

From his temple he heard my voice;

my cry came before him, into his ears.


The earth trembled and quaked,

and the foundations of the

mountains shook;

they trembled because he was angry.

Psalm 18:1-7


So...Yeah...I figured ok? I'm suppose

to write something about the Haiti quake.


First things first,

Two things tend to happen in a natural disaster,

one: obviously people die and or get injured

two: Pat Robertson opens his stupid pie hole.

Let me establish something real quick,

Pat Robertson doesn't SPEAK FOR ME.

It's funny because before this

terrible Haiti quake even happened I was

talking with my mom about how Mr.Robertson

came out with his yearly rant on what will

happen in 2010.


What disgusts me is people look at Pat Robertson

like he is the voice of the Christian faith,

like he is the shining example of what a Christian should be.

It's bad enough non-believers think we as christians

are all like Pat Robertson, but even a lot of "Christians"

listen to what this guy says and put him on some kind of

pedestal.


Personally I think if we should be looking at anyone

to be like, it should be Jesus Christ. Pat Robertson

said and I quote "Haiti made a deal with the devil,

and thats why the quake happened"


Really? and who exactly is Pat Robertson

that he gets to say why God does anything?

Is there a lot of voodoo/satanisim in Haiti?

yeah, but we are called to love

and spread the word of Christ not

to throw down judgement on a whole

nation of people.


Did God allow the quake to happen, well

everything happens for a reason right?

Only God knows why it happened,

and I'm not even going to begin to throw

out accusations of why it did, and I'm specially not

going to judge people who are suffering

and dying. I mean God did say in the last days

a lot of stuff like this would happen....


I would just like to apologize to the Haitian people

for one supposed "Christians" remarks,

and tell everyone that we should be loving and

supportive, we should reach out and help people

in need. After all I don't remember Jesus Christ

coming up to the demon possessed man

and saying


"You deserve what happened to you"

No comments: