Saturday, February 6, 2010

Isaiah 55/ New Demon Hunter

Come,all you who are thirsty,

come to the waters;

and you who have no money,

come, buy wine and milk

without money and without cost.

Why spend money on what is not bread,

and your labor on what does not satisfy?

Isaiah 55:1


Why spend money on what is not bread?

what is this verse saying? When I read this verse

I automatically thought of Ecclesiastes and the

verses about "Everything is meaningless"


Surely the verse is talking about salvation right?

like when Jesus was at the well, and he told the woman

that whoever drinks the "water" that I give them

will never thirst. So when I read Isaiah 55:1

I see why spend money on "bread" that will not fill,

You can't buy freedom you can't buy eternal life and peace..

money and things are not going to eternally satisfy you.

And why do you labor on what does not satisfy?

Essentially you can labor and toil all for power or money,

self ego or whatever but it is essentially meaningless

at the end of the day, for without Jesus Christ

once again Everything is meaningless.


I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;

I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart

took delight in all my work, and this was

the reward for all my labor.


Yet when I surveyed all that my hands

had done and what I had toiled to achieve,

everything was meaningless, a chasing

after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 2:10-11


Isaiah 55 continues with...


Listen, listen to me, and eat what it is good,

and your soul will delight in the richest

of fare. Give ear and come to me;

hear me, that your soul may live.

I will make an everlasting covenant with you,

my faithful love promised to david.

(obviously that covenant came true through

Jesus Christ)


See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,

a leader and commander of the peoples.

Surely you will summon nations you know not,

and nations that do not know you will hasten to you,

because of the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel,

for he has endowed you with splendor.


Seek the Lord while he may be found;

call on him while he is near.

Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man

his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and he will

have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely

pardon.


For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.


As the heavens are higher than the earth,

so are my ways higher than your ways and

my thoughts then your thoughts.

As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,

and do not return to it without watering the earth

and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields

seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

so is my word that goes out from my mouth:

It will not return to me empty, but will

accomplish what I desire and achieve the

purpose for which I sent it.

Isaiah 55:2-11


Everyone is forgiven through Jesus Christ,

salvation and freedom from the chains of sin

is anyones who is willing to receive it,

Isaiah 55 clearly states that.


Just as it states that our thoughts and ways

are not like Gods thoughts and ways.

We are called to put full trust in God...

F.A.I.T.H in knowing that he knows best.


We are called to share the love of Christ,

to share the freedom we ourselves have

with others. To know that we ourselves

can not save anyone, but it is through Christ

and his word that one is saved.

We are called to show love to all,

and to share the word with the willing,

knowing that his word won't return void,

and that Christ will be the one who

does the saving, the one putting it all

into motion.


I think what hurts the most

is when you try to share Christ with someone

and you get ridiculed and stepped on

for pouring out your heart. But in the end

it's not about us, it's not about our feelings..

because no matter how you go about it,

you will offend some people...

Christ was persecuted and we shall be to.

Christ shared the word in love, he didn't go around

throwing the bible in peoples face or judging people

and he was still spat upon and persecuted.


You don't force it...

you share with people you feel led to share with,

and allow him to speak through you,

and that can be in many different forms.

Most of all we show love first..




No comments: