Sunday, May 23, 2010

(Repenting)Out of The Wreck(Accepting)

Who shall separate us from the Love of Christ?

Romans 8:35


I've talked plenty of times about how we shouldn't

care what others think. How we should stand for Christ,

and not let anyone get in the way, always

putting Christ first. How when trouble comes

we should remain faithful, and we should praise God..

we shouldn't falter or waver when bad things happen.

I.e like it says in Romans


Shall tribulation, or distress,

or persecution separate us from the Love of Christ?


I've come to the realization that most of the time, for me...

It's not persecution, it's not tribulation per-say, that separates me

from Christ. I don't say this to sound holy or pure,

I've just come to the realization that it isn't trouble or

pain any more that separates me from the love of Christ,

IT'S MYSELF. Don't get it twisted either...I know Christ loves...

and I know NOTHING can separate his love from us,

there's nothing we can do that will make him hate us and

turn his back on us, he died for our sins...period end of story.


What I'm trying to say is this, I get in the way of Christ's love.

When i've sinned whether it be in a judgmental spirit or

hateful speech or lusting/having my eyes wander where they shouldn't

or whatever sins i've committed acknowledged and asked for forgiveness

for, I would sometimes then fall to the point of saying:


"You can't forgive me for this..."


Not so much in those words mind you, but I don't fight...I don't

rise from the point of repenting. I repent...and I repent...

and I repent some more, but I don't allow myself

the acceptance of Gods forgiveness. I don't

allow forgiveness for myself because I do not

forgive myself for whatever it was that I did.

I would allow what I've done to overwhelm me with guilt and shame.

Sure I would confess to God what I've done, and I would ask

for His forgiveness, but In essence I would deny his love

and forgiveness.... because I would be so obsessed with

repenting over and over again, deep down I'm saying;


"You can't forgive me for what I've done"


I've denied Christ, I've denied the power, I've denied his love...

I'm essentially saying:


"You dying on the cross for me, wasn't enough"


That is blasphemous, and it's exactly where the enemy wants you.

It's like he has his foot on the back of your neck and your face in the

dirt saying


"Your worthless your God doesn't love or forgive you, and you

deserve to be in overwhelming guilt"


and all you are doing is saying "I agree.."


Listen we all deserve hell (I seem to say that every blog)

and it's good to realize that, because then you

realize just how much Christ did for us, just

how much GOD loves us, it is truly amazing.

You realize Christ died on that cross to save us from

damnation.

But to fall so far down and remain in the state

of... I deserve this guilt/shame, I deserve pain and suffering..

and to not accept that God loves you and forgives you, is just as

damaging as not repenting and turning from your sins.


OUT OF THE WRECK I RISE!



No comments: