Monday, October 19, 2009

"They turned their backs to me and not their faces"

"My People have committed two sins:
They have forsaken me, the spring of living water,
and have dug their own cisterns,
broken cisterns that cannot hold water.
Jeremiah 2:13

Have you not brought this on yourselves
by forsaking the Lord your God
when he led you in the way?
Jeremiah 2:17

Your wickedness will punish you;
your backsliding will rebuke you.
Consider then and realize how evil and bitter
it is for you when you forsake the Lord your God
and have no awe of me,
declares the Lord,
the Lord almighty.
Jeremiah 2:19

As a thief is disgraced when he is caught,
so the house of Israel is disgraced- they,
their kings and their officials, their priests
and their prophets.
They say to wood, 'you are my father,'
and to stone, 'You gave me birth.'
They have turned their backs to me
and not their faces;
yet when they are in trouble, they say,
'Come and save us!'
Where then are the gods you made for yourselves?
Let them come if they can save you
when you are in trouble!
For you have as many gods as you have towns, O Judah.

Why do you bring charges against me?
You have all rebelled against me,"
declares the Lord
Jeremiah 2:26-29

Most people when they read about
how Israel turned their backs on God, probably think..."Oh..those stupid...stupid..israelites"
After all, we read it over and over again in the Old Testament.
God blesses Israel, Israel loves God,Israel turns to other gods
and forsakes the true God, God punishes Israel.
How could they easily forget all God had done for them?
how freakin stupid can they be?
I use to think the same thing

until I asked myself one simple question..
"How freaking stupid can I be."
I am just like everyone else, I'm far from being perfect.
I think we might want to take the image out of our
heads of bowing down to a little hand
carved Idol, sure we don't do that...
However don't you think putting anything above God..
your car...your phone...games..tv..ect ect..
don't you think that would be considered an "idol"?
You can't honestly tell me you haven't put God
aside for something else,
and anything we put before/above God.. is essentially our God.
Our God is a jealous God..He wants to be first in our life.
Don't get it twisted either...I'm not saying you can't
enjoy the things you have/want but putting them first in your
life is not the way to go, if you want to please God that is.

In a nut shell Israel became to proud,
they thought they could take care of themselves,
and they thought they didn't need God.
They thought they could ignore his commands,
ignore how sinful they have been, worship foreign gods,
and still worship the one true God.
When God said, "they turned their backs on me,
but not their faces"
He's saying they stopped listening to what he wanted,
and started doing what they wanted to do
essentially putting God up on a shelf and only taking
him down when they thought they needed him.
You see, they didn't stop "worshipping God"
They just turned him into a ritual,
just a little song an dance.
they ignored what God commanded,
what God wanted for them.
You can't live in sin and do whatever you want to do
and expect to be a vessel for God.
We are suppose to live for God not for ourselves.
Israel wanted to fit in with everyone else..
they wanted to do what everyone else was doing
and still be blessed by God,
and it doesn't work like that.

are you telling me people don't do that today?
"Christians" today are so much better then the israelites were?
If anything we are even more stupid, we
have the very word of God in our own hands, and we read
"They turned their backs on me but not their faces"
and we do the exact same thing!
It seems as generations pass the more the word of God changes,
and it's not that the word itself actually changes,
it's that the "followers of God"
twist words and meanings around to fit their own desires
or they just completely ignore something the bible says is wrong,
and then say
"oh well..I'll do what I want...Jesus forgave me i'm good"

If you think I'm nuts just look at my freakin generation,
sex out of wedlock use to be a shock, it actually use
to be looked down upon, and now it's a shock if you
haven't had sex by the time your 18.

Divorced use to be shocking,
now it's shocking if you have parents
that are still together.

Adultery use to be shocking..

Being gay use to be considered wrong,
and they use to hide in the closet...
but now they are proud and in your face with it,
and you are looked down upon if you consider it
immoral like the bible itself says it is.

My generation is a generation not shocked by anything..
the moral code flew out the window a longtime ago,
what's right for you is right for you, and anyone who thinks/
says different is "out of touch" a "hypocrite". Instead
of those that choose to live in sin being called out,
and told they are in the wrong, those who go against
the grain are the ones in the wrong. After all..
It says in our own bibles do not judge...
God loves everyone right? so how dare we
stand up for what God himself said is wrong...
How dare we profess what we believe in..
How dare we even open our mouth...right?
What is my point in all this?
The more the world around us becomes corrupt,
the more the times change, and things that are wrong are
accepted...it seems the voice of the christians faith
becomes silent.

As I've stated about sex out of wedlock and so on,
there are plenty of "Christians" who have no problem with that.
There's "Christians" who support gay marriage and abortion
ect ect...don't think it's insane or far off that pretty soon
being gay and a "Christian" will be as normal
as not being gay and a "Christian"..

and again please don't get it twisted, I'm not saying God doesn't
love gay people or he doesn't love you because you
had sex out of wedlock or blah blah blah..
God loves the sinner but not the sin, and
what I'm trying to get across is not about Gods love.
It's about the "christians" or the people who say they are
christians who choose to continue doing
whatever they want and they think it's ok....
and for those who don't take a stand against what is wrong.
If you don't want to stand up for God and his word,
all because you don't want to be persecuted...
how in the hell can you call yourself a faithful servant..

We all have a choice, and it's either we choose to please
God or we choose to please ourselves and really that's all it
comes down to. You can't please yourself and then say "I please God"..
and thats putting it simply.

Now the israelites would struggle,
maybe they lost a battle or maybe
they were going through a famine or whatever, the point is
they would live how they wanted to live, and be surprised
when good things wouldn't come from it.
They would ask God "why have you forsaken us"
but in reality, it was they.. who chose to forsake God.
It was they... who chose to please themselves
to conform to the world around them,
to worship other gods and live/enjoy their sins...

It would be like( and this is extreme but follow me)
if I, who claims to be a "good upstanding citizen" went out and killed
some random person, and then when I get thrown in prison
ask everyone "Why have you thrown me in prison"...
When if I was a true upstanding citizen,
I would know why I was their,
and I would ask for forgiveness and
accept the punishment that was justly do to me for
committing the crime.

OR

saying I'm a "christian" and then I decide
to go sleep with a prostitute,
then I just so happen to get aids, and then I ask God
"Why have you given me aids" when he didn't tell me to
go sleep with a prostitute...I chose to do that, I have
only myself to blame...just like the israelites only had
themselves to blame.

I'll leave you with what James White had to say about Mr.Obama's
speech, it's 43 minutes long...but I urge you to listen..
because just as Israel did, you will see just how far
America has fallen..



No comments: