Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What is Love II

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

I'm sure you have "heard" me say
Christians get the label of "hypocrites" 
and most of the time it's rightfully so..
simply because we don't have any love for one another.
I don't mean we don't love each-other as "Christians"
I'm saying we don't love others in general,
specially if they are not in our little "Cliques" 
People are so quick to throw out "I'm a Christian"
but do they ever think of the responsibilities that employ's ?
Now before you get all..
"Well I'm not perfect...and jesus died for my sins.." 
Blah blah blah
hear me out...I'm not trying to judge or
say you are going to burn in the fires of hell,
because we all have our moments of not loving
when we should be loving.
However maybe if you think about what I'm saying..
it may pop in your head for a reference point when you're thinking
about being hateful..

Back to my point..
Do you really understand what it means to be a Christian?
to utter those words? you do realize people look at you right?
people will watch to see what you do since you say you're a "Christian"
again comes the point of being that good example right?
As a "Christian" we are suppose to be of love..
to show that love to any and everyone..
because just as it says in John 13:34
People will know that you are a follower of Jesus Christ,
not by you running around screaming "I'm a Christian!"
no...by you showing love is how they will know.
Showing the love that Jesus showed us all..
If we don't show that love, if we don't forgive others
as Jesus forgave us of our sins...
then do you think we really deserve to be forgiven?
I'm pretty sure it's Matthew that says
forgive as you were forgiven.
Again we are not perfect, we are human after all..
but we can be humble and admit to our mistakes and flaws,
and at the same time try and improve our attitudes 
towards others. 

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels,
but have not love, I am only a resounding gong
or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy
and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have faith that can move mountains,
but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all
I posses to the poor and surrender my body
to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
                                1 Corinthians 12:30

You can quote scriptures, you can know the way..
but if you don't have, and you don't show love..
you have somehow missed the most important thing,
As the scripture says you are nothing...
We must try harder to show the most important commandment of all..
This world isn't all there is..there is so much more
don't waste your time with always having to be "right"
or always having to get the last word,
when we are made fun of/put down/laughed at
if we hold our composure and show love in such a trying time
then and only then are we ever deserving to be called "Christian".

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

1 John 4:7-21

I'm not claiming I'm always full of love,
but God help me I try to be..
I want to be that good example, and I don't want to make God look bad.
There's a lot of pressure on you, or at least there should be,
for when someone knows your a Christian to act like it.
If they look at you and see the world, if they look at you
and you have a bad attitude, and they see your reaction to things..
what is going to make them want what you have?
We are here on this earth to be a witness to stand up for God...
to be different, to be that helping hand, if we treat everyone
the same as the world treats them how are they going to see a difference?
I know this is a total cliche thing to say...
but each day we should strive to be better then we were yesterday,
not for salvation, not because we have to...
but because we want to show the love of Christ.

If you know the hope there is in Jesus Christ..
If you know his never ending..never changing love..
then rejoice! because there is plenty of people who don't!
If you don't know his love...if you can't comprehend it...
If you think he could never love you..
I swear to you he already does love you!
He doesn't care what you have done, how many mistakes..
he sees your struggles, he knows you want to change..
focus on him...look to him and he will guide you
ask him to take away the things you wish not to do,
ask him to change you and make you new.
he wants a relationship with you!
He doesn't want your works...
he just wants you to acknowledge him...
He wants to be the one to lift every burden worry and stress,
He wants to be the one to take you out of the mess you are in...
out of the confusion and hopelessness the abuse
out of this world because you are not of this world!
You are not a burden..
He LOVES YOU!
Yes...
YOU!
not that self created good person you see in the mirror
YOU!
Full of sin.. burden down by the world around you..
shooting up to just feel again..
HE LOVES YOU!




No comments: