Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Signs of the Times

"And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back, and take you to be with me
that you also may be where I am.
You know the way to the place I am going.
"
John 14:1-4

Jesus said that to his disciples before he was
arrested and then crucified. he was warning them,
he told them, time after time, that he was leaving them.
Jesus knew when he would be arrested,
he knew everything that would happen to him, and knew it had to.
I however don't want to focus on his crucifixion or resurrection.
I want to focus on His return, He promised He would return
to take those who know Him to the place he was going.
Where was he going? back to the Father(God) to heaven.
He said I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes
to the Father except through me.

We know the day and the hour is unknown.
God is the only one who knows the day of Christ's return.
I think we have become a little to blinded though,
I think we have taken the scripture in the bible out of context.

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven
nor the son, only the father.
"
Matthew 24:36/ Mark 13:32

We established the fact that we don't know the day or hour,
But we should know the season. We may not know the exact day,
we should however know when the time is near.
Those of us who refuse to wake up, those of us who
refuse to be "on guard" are not doing what Christ told us to do.
We as followers of Christ, we will know the season..
because we are gifted and smarter then everyone else? No..
because Jesus Christ told us the signs to watch for.
It's in your bibles, you know that big book you let collect dust on the shelf.
The point I'm trying to make is...we are always suppose to be ready..

"Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner
of the house will come back- wether in the evening, or at midnight,
or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly,
do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you,
I say to everyone: WATCH!
"
Mark 13:35-37

Yeah...I know there are those of you who just go:
"Yeah..I've heard this all before, what makes this time period any different"
are you that blind? look at where we are...how far we have fallen!
the disgust and filth that is all around us,
I sit and I wonder just how much longer God is going to take this.
How many more slaps in the face is he going to take?
This country....this world, It has changed so much from just twenty years ago.
I mean good Lord... we are Sodom and Gomorrah.
Not only are we morally wicked, but look how far we have come,
when it comes to science and technology.

So what are some of the signs of Christ's return?
Everyone should know Israel is very important in end time prophecy.
I mean isn't obvious? Israel is like the capital of the world,
it's the hot spot, and although people make the case..
"Israel and the middle east have always been in turmoil"
and I sure the hell can't argue that,
but you look, and you see how Israel is surrounded by enemies.
How Europe has turned there back on Israel,
How Russia and Iran are doing business with each other.
Christ said:

"Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
There will be great earthquakes and famines and pestilence
in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.
"
Luke 21:10-11

"When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies,
you will know that its desolation is near
"
Luke 21:20

You can't tell me with all that has been going on with Israel.
With Hamas/Hezbulah and Iran/Syria/Egypt/Jordan/Lebanon
all of which think Israel shouldn't even exist.
You can't tell me that israel isn't technically surrounded by enemies,
and you can't say that within minutes at any moment
Jerusalem can't literally be surrounded by armies.
That however is only one sign..that has been given.
Next week I will give you others,
If of course we are all still around next week =)

..To God be the glory forever and ever..

No comments: