Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Where is the honor and respect?

Are we putting our needs before Gods?
Are we lifting our names on high?


"A son honors his father, and a servant his master.
If I am a father, where is the honor due me?
If I am a master,where is the respect due me?"
Says the Lord almighty
.

Malachi 1:6

Are we honoring God in our lives?
putting him first above ALL things?
are we disrespecting God.. by calling ourselves one thing,
and then acting the complete opposite?
If you want to call yourself a Christian,
then act like one.
The fact is you can scream it all you want,
it's not what you say, it's what you do, it's how you act.
God could careless if you say you're a "Christian",
He wants you to prove it.
Despite what some people believe,
just because your parents are "Christian"
that doesn't mean you are one.
It's not something you work for (per say)
You can't buy your way into heaven.
It's about having a relationship with him.
Putting him first, honoring, and being that example you're suppose to be.
(seems to be the theme for this month huh?)

The one who comes to me, and listens to me
the one who puts my words to practice.
He is like a house thats foundation was built into Rock.
When a flood came it could not strike down the house,
because it was well built.
But the one who hears my words,
and does not put them into practice.
He is like a house built without a foundation,
and the moment the torrent struck the house,
it collapsed and its destruction was complete.

Luke 6:46-49

What God wants is actual obedience,
not lip service.
You can look at Jesus and his parable of the two sons.
The father went to the first son and said:
"I want you to work in the field"
he replied: "I will not" but later changed his mind and did.
The father went to the second and said:
"I want you to work in the field"
and he replied "I will" but didn't do it.
Which did what their father wanted?
The first..right?
Jesus used this parable more so, to show the Jewish people
that the prostitutes and tax collectors
are entering the Kingdom of heaven ahead of them.
Because they recognized the truth, and changed their ways.
The point I'm trying to make with this is simple.
You can know the word of God, you can quote from the bible all you want.
However, If you are not putting it into action.
If you are not doing what God says,
then you are no different from the world,
and you are not of Christ at all.
Lets go back to Malachi and the first chapter...

it is you, O priests, who show contempt for my name.
But you ask,
"how have we shown contempt for your name?"
You place defiled food on my altar.
But you ask,
"how have we defiled you?"
By saying, that the Lord's table is contemptible.
When you bring blind animals for sacrifice,
is that not wrong?
When you sacrifice crippled or diseased animals,
is that not wrong?
Try offering them to your governor!
would he be pleased with you?
would he accept you..says the Lord God almighty.

Malachi 1:6-8

You see, the priests were not putting God first.
They were keeping the good, and healthy animals for themselves,
and giving to God what they didn't want in the first place.
Are we today, giving to God are all?
or are we just giving him just enough,
just enough to make ourselves feel better?
Are we just praying to God, when trouble comes?
Are we only seeking him,when we want something?
Same could be said for a lot of church leaders.
Are some just preaching, and treating it as a way to make money?
just a job?
Are some doing it to be glorified in their own eyes?
I know Paul wasn't like that.

This is why, I fear for the church in these times.
Church is suppose to be about glorifying God,
It's suppose to be about lifting each-other up, and our relationships with Christ.
However, most (not all) have become something else along the way.
It's become more about the money brought in, more about the "tithe"
rather then worshiping God.
It's about condemning one group of people over another,
We would rather point fingers at each-other,
instead of embrace, and learn from each-other.
I don't claim to know all there is to know,
In fact, if you ask me I'm a very "simple minded" person.
To God be the glory, when I read and understand his word.
I know there are people who understand more then I do,
God gave them more wisdom and understanding,
and I'm willing to listen, I'm willing to learn and grow.
However, it seems a lot of people,
they don't want to grow, they would rather pick at each-others flaws.

I'm leaving this, with where we started..

"A son honors his father, and a servant his master.
If I am a father, where is the honor due me?
If I am a master,where is the respect due me?"
Says the Lord almighty.

Malachi 1:6

We must ask ourselves if we are honoring God,
and giving him the respect he deserves...daily.

No comments: